adss

Kapil Sharma on wife Ginni Chatrath: ‘She is my biggest fan and critic, laughs on almost all my jokes’

Kapil Sharma,The Kapil Sharma Show,Ginni Chatrath

For actor-comedian Kapil Sharma, to have people splitting their sides is his “passion”, “profession” and an enviable talent. So, on World Laughter Day, we thought it’d be only proper to feature the performer who is making people laugh on the tube. During the course of this interview, he made us crack up with his signature humour. He tells us, he had wanted to be a cop or a singer, if not a comedian. Excerpts:

How does it feel to be able to spread smiles and make millions laugh with your wit and humour?

I feel blessed and lucky. My passion is my profession, and I’m thankful for that. The instant response that you get from people is great, and I’m extremely overwhelmed with the love that the audience give me.

You have stayed relevant and popular for so many years. What’s the driving force?
My driving force is my audience; just to see them laugh gives me immense pleasure. Even when I was on a break for a year, the love that I got (upon return) was immense, my audience welcomed me with open arms. Obviously without my mother’s blessings, nothing would have been possible — she is my pillar of strength.

Has Kapil Sharma, the comedian, changed after marriage?
I haven’t changed after marriage (Dec 2018), the only change is: Earlier, I’d crack marriage jokes as an outsider, but now I know the reality (laughs), so the jokes are more real, more authentic.

Does your wife, Ginni Chatrath, have a great sense of humour?
Yes. Even when I met her for the first time in college, I saw that her comic timing on stage was very good. She is my critic. She is also my biggest fan and laughs on almost all my jokes.

Which celebrity guest has been the most sporting on your show?
All my guests have been very supportive and fun, but one person who I adore is Dharam paaji (actor Dharmendra). When my show was just starting out, no one really wanted to be a part of it, but he came on my show, and it got a lot of love and appreciation.

Who’s that one comedian-actor from yesteryears that you love?
Mehmood sir. His comic timing was impeccable and was good with emotional scenes, too. In fact, Salman bhai (actor Salman Khan) told me I’d be a great fit for Mehmood sir’s biopic. It’s a huge compliment. I am also very fond of Govinda, his comic timing is super and his style is very natural.

A comedy film you’d have loved to do...
Bade Miyan Chote Miya (1998) and Andaz Apna Apna (1994).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The New 'Spider-Man: Far From Home' Trailer Asks If Peter Parker Can Be The Next Iron Man

Model collapses on ramp and dies at Sao Paulo Fashion Week